Best Kayak Outriggers and Stabilizers Reviewed
Summertime is a great time of year to experience an all-out soaking from overturning your kayak. Hopefully it is a laughable event, but if you want to stay dry and keep your belongings, flipping a kayak is not usually part of the plan. You are not alone.
Most kayak users have encountered the “rites of initiation” from dumping their kayak, but adding stability to your kayak is not as difficult as you might think. Today’s best kayak outriggers offer really easy installation easy and There are a lot of good reasons to add a set of kayak outriggers to your boat.
Besides just trying to avoid an unexpected swim, more stability might translate into a more comfortable and relaxing ride. Windy or rough water conditions can spring up surprisingly fast, and a kayak stabilizer can prove to be a big help.
For anglers, the ability to stand up while you’re fishing is pretty fantastic, but is quite risky in most kayaks. Whatever your reason, finding the best kayak outriggers and stabilizers for your boat is well worth your time.
Top Kayak Outrigger Comparison Chart
Best Kayak Outriggers and Stabilizers
The kayak pontoons with this kit have a durable and thick PVC outer shell, which is puncture and tear-proof, and it has an inner bladder that is extremely durable. They can be inflated with speed and they are strong enough so that you do not have to worry about sticks or rocks damaging the product.
In addition to this, anodized aluminum has been used to create the arms. This means that these arms can be used in saltwater safely, so you do not have to worry about any corrosion or damage. The overall buoyancy of your kayak is also improved through this stabilizer by as much as 30 lbs, meaning more gear can be packed.
There are a lot of different reasons why we were so impressed with this product for fishermen, in particular. You are going to have a safe and strong platform while you are standing up to cast your line.
Overall, the 30 lbs of buoyancy being added to the kayak really impressed us but that’s not all. We love the tear and puncture-resistant outer shell, as well as the great stability of this product.
- Scotty kayak stabilizer
- Inflatable inner blades
- Installation and removal quick and easy
The next product that we are going to review out of all of the kayak outriggers on the market is the Hobie Sidekick Ama Kit. We found that this product is not only simple to install but it is very reliable as well. It is a great stabilizer kit from the brand, which can be inflated through the use of a one-way valve. It only takes a second to deflate the outriggers as well. All you need to do is unscrew the valve caps.
When you receive this kayak stabilizer kit, you are going to get four nuts and bolts, which are for installing the gear. This will enable you to position the stabilizer at different height levels. There are three different heights, ensuring greater maneuverability.
Weighing under five lbs, we found the entire system to be very light. It is also very easy in terms of attaching it, and so you can do this while you are out on the lake or before you get into the water – it is completely up to you. You will also be able to use this product in saltwater as well, as the arms are constructed using aluminum.
All in all, there is a lot to love about this kayak stabilizer system. We were definitely impressed by how easy it was to install. Not only this but it delivers a quality build and it is certainly helpful that you can choose between different heights.
- Three Position Height Adjustment
- Stainless Hardware Included
With this kayak outrigger, the safety net is simple to install for everything from getting right into the water to simply rocking back and forth. You will get two outriggers with this kayak stabilizer kit, one for the starboard side of your watercraft and one for the port. The outrigger has arms that can be adjusted. They are 30-inches long. They will give you a float base approximately 22 inches from the port and your boat’s starboard side.
You can remove the outriggers at any time, which makes your watercraft incredibly straightforward to transport. A RAILBLAZA base is used when you want to attach the outriggers to the boat. This will be left once you remove the outriggers so you can transport the watercraft. If you are getting close to an obstruction or, of course, the dock, then you can raise the outrigger arms independently if you wish to do so.
There is a lot that we like about this kayak outrigger. This includes that it offers exceptional stability to the kayak. This gives you the ability to stand up and cast with confidence. If you did not have outrigger arms, this is something that would probably end up tipping the kayak over. One feature that we really love is the mount for GoPro cameras!
When you receive the kit, you will notice that the floats are crafted using very hard plastic. The kit also comes with insulation instructions, as well as stainless steel mounting hardware.
- PROVIDES STABILITY: The new Gen 2 outriggers help you feel safe and secure in your kayak or canoe by utilizing the stabilizing effects of the newly re-designed YakGear Amas. The YakGear Outriggers provide an easy to install safety net for everything from rocking back and forth to toppling into the water. Whether you are standing to sight cast at fish, traversing through choppy waters, or paddling with the kids, the YakGear Outrigger system provides a more comfortable paddling experience.
- EASY INSTALLATION: The outriggers are attached by using a RAILBLAZA StarPort base (included) mounted to the boat. The outriggers can be removed at any time making your watercraft easy to transport, leaving only the RAILBLAZA base.
- ADJUSTABLE OUTRIGGER ARMS: This set comes with 2 outriggers for the port and starboard side of your watercraft. The adjustable outrigger arms are 30 inches long and will provide a float base roughly 22 inches from the port and starboard side of the boat. The adjustable outrigger arms can be raised independently if you are getting close to a dock or other obstruction.
- FULL KIT INCLUDES: 2 adjustable Outrigger arms and floats, 2 Ralblaza Starport HD mounts, all stainless-steel installation hardware, installation instructions, and rigging tips from YakGear.
- RE-DESIGNED YAKGEAR AMAS: The Amas (floats) provide stability when paddling is a problem. The included amas have pre-installed threading (1/4 x 20 brass insert) to mount a RAILBLAZA StarPort HD (included) directly to the float, which is used to connect to the outrigger arms; and a RAILBLAZA MiniPort base (not included) on your float, giving you the ability to mount another RAILBLAZA StarPort accessory of your choice (amazing camera angles using the Railblaza Camera Kit or Camera Adaptor).
As this sits just above the waterline, the kayak will be kept steady without any drag being caused, meaning you can move along the water quickly while seeking the ideal finishing spot. It also means you can stand and cast your line with more ease too.
32-inch long aluminum outrigger arms have been used in the design of this product, which are to be attached to your kayak. They also feature stainless steel mountings. It is these sorts of materials and touches that are going to make sure your kayak lasts for years to come.
The molded PVC floats are also very robust and durable. One thing we were definitely impressed with was the two-year warranty that comes with the product. After all, this shows that the company is confident in the item that they have created and that they do not anticipate any problems.
Aside from this, we were happy with the stainless steel mountings, and we love that safety has been taken into consideration. The bright yellow color of this stabilizer system for kayaks is something that this product definitely has in advantage when compared with other items out there.
- 32" long aluminum Outrigger arms attach to your kayak
- Tough, Durable Molded PVC Floats - COLOR: Yellow
- All mounting hardware is Stainless Steel
- Brocraft Two Years Limited Warranty
One thing that we really like about this outrigger kit is that you get two repair patches with it. This is something that you do not always get with the other kayak or canoe stabilizers that are on the market today, and so it was definitely a positive!
Aside from this, this kit from Lixada is portable to carry. It is also very durable and lightweight. It is great for fishing, standing, paddling, boat, canoes, and kayaks. If you are a beginner, you definitely should not have much trouble with this product.
The reason why this stabilizer kit is so easy to use is because it has a double valve, which allows for quick and easy inflation. This is why you are able to inflate it with just a few breaths.
If you have heard of the brand Lixada before, you may already be aware of the fact that they have a lot of great accessories for you to choose from. This is another plus point; you will easily be able to find any other accessories that you require for your canoe.
If you take a look at the reviews that have been left by other users online, you will see that they are very positive. We certainly feel that this is a true reflection of just how great this product is. It is also very cost-effective too, which is always a plus point!
So there you have it: everything you need to know about five of the best kayak and canoe outrigger stabilizers that are on the market today. We hope that you are able to find the right one for you from the ones mentioned above.
- Provides added stability for any vessel and make you feel safe and secure.
- Easily inflatable with several breaths and deflated in seconds.
- Comes with 2 repair patches.
- Lightweight, durable and portable to carry.
- Great for kayak, canoe, boat, paddling, fishing, standing and beginners.