Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Inflatable Dinghy Reviews
Hard bottom inflatable boats are the workhorses of watercraft vessels. A reliable inflatable dinghy can do what many other boats simply cannot. Versatile and utilitarian, inflatable dinghies can perform in a variety of roles unparalleled by any other boat out there.
As a pleasure boat, inflatable dinghies can aptly fill the role of a tender boat when your boat is at mooring. They make an enjoyable work boat around the marina. Or if you want to dive near reef structures and anchor your sailboat at a distance, an inflatable dinghy is an excellent companion vessel for sailing.
Whether you need an inflatable dinghy with motor mount capability, or a simple sailboat tender, there are not many boats that can do it all like an inflatable dinghy.
As with all inflatable boats, quality is paramount. Failure when you need your boat the most could be catastrophic. When safety matters, investing in the best inflatable dinghy can be a game changer when it counts the most.
Along with safety, there are a number of other important details that can make your inflatable dinghy all the more practical and beneficial for your boating needs.
Top Inflatable Dinghy Features To Consider
- Carrying Capacity – The weight carrying capacity of your inflatable dinghy is important regardless of what you are going to be using it for. Almost every application is going to benefit from more weight capacity, whether that be additional passengers, gear, or a heavier outboard motor. And if you are using your dinghy as an inflatable boat tender, then you can ferry more supplies while making fewer trips.
- Hard Bottom Floors – Lightweight inflatable dinghies that lack hard floorboards can feel overly flexible and really don’t provide good support for personnel and equipment. Any activity in an inflatable dinghy just feels better when you have the support of a rigid floor under your feet, whether fishing, diving, or tending your boat.
- Outboard Motor – Most folks like the option of using their inflatable dinghy with a motor mounted on the transom. For some applications, an electric trolling motor will push you around just fine. But covering significant distances on the water is going to translate into an outboard engine with some gusto. Striking a balance between engine weight and horse power is going to get you the best performance, but it’s also important to avoid over-powering your inflatable dinghy for safety reasons.
- Seating – If you need an inflatable boat tender, then chances are that you’ll be ferrying other passengers out to your boat at some point. While many inflatable boat designs can carry 3-5 passengers, often inflatable dinghies only come standard with one seat so you might want to purchase and additional seat in those cases.
- Overall Weight – Part of what makes an inflatable dinghy so versatile is the ability to deflate your boat and toss it in the trunk of your car to bring it home. But some models are heavy enough that you might want an extra pair of hands to help with the loading and unloading process. You don’t want to accidentally damage your back along with your inflatable boat! Even while deflated some of the inflatable dinghies we reviewed weigh over 100 lbs.
Top Inflatable Dinghy Comparison Chart
Best Inflatable Dinghy
Available in a range of sizes to cater for individuals, as well as families and groups, the Newport Vessels Dana Inflatable Dinghy is a popular choice for buyers on the hunt for sports boats. A sleek, streamlined vessel that boasts power and performance, this dinghy is made from premium materials and it can travel at speeds of over 20mph.
A best-selling boat tender, the Newport Vessels Dana model is sporty and cool, and it provides enough space for up to 3 adult riders. Known for its performance levels, this boat can hit high speeds in a matter of seconds, providing the perfect mode of transport for those who thrive on adrenaline. In addition to tearing over the waves, this dinghy also offers a comfortable base to relax and unwind for those looking to enjoy a more sedate day at sea.
One of the most impressive aspects of the Newport Vessels Dana tender boat is its construction. Made using the highest quality Korean PVC and German adhesives, you can rest assured that your dinghy will stand the test of time and that you’ll be safe and sound out on the water. The seams are welded using hot air for enhanced safety, and the boat has a low center of gravity for increased stability and comfort. The floor panels are made from wood and aluminum, and there’s a grab rope accessible to all. On the subject of safety, users can also benefit from a drain plug, which will remove excess water if the boat does start filling up.
Another selling point of this particular inflatable boat tender is the ease of use. When you’re ready to get back on dry land, all you need to do is deflate the dinghy and pack it away in the handy travel bag. The simplicity of inflation and deflation means that you’ll be ready and raring to go as soon as the opportunity to go out boating arises, and that you can take advantage of every minute you have available on vacation or a weekend away.
Overall, the Newport Vessels Dana inflatable dinghy is an excellent option for boating fans and families or groups of friends looking for a reliable product, which boasts impressive safety features and the ability to travel at high speeds. This is not the cheapest product on the market, but it has a lot to offer and it is built to last.
This video offers a closer look at the inflatable dinghy line from Newport Vessels:
- 30-Day Guarantee: All of our boats come with our Float Your Boat Guarantee and 2 year manufacturer warranty. California based customer service team for reliable after sale support.
- Premium Quality Materials: Newport Vessels Dana is made with US Coast Guard rated 3x layer .9mm/1100D UV Coated PVC, and heat welded seams. Features durable marine wood floors with aluminum framing.
- Features: Air keel for easy planing. Sturdy carrying handles, 3 stainless steel bow D-rings for towing your tender, additional topside D-rings for Bimini and accessories, self bailing drain plug, Marine plywood transom mount, and Easy-Reach Grab Rope.
- Included: PVC Hull, Wood/Aluminum Floors Panels, 1x Aluminum Bench Seat, 2x Aluminum Oars, Carrying Bag, and Foot Pump
- Performance/ Specs: Inflatable V-Shaped Keel for easy planing, 18” tubes for great stability while turning. Can hold a 10hp engine, achieve 20+ mph top speed depending on conditions.
A great choice for families or friends looking to enjoy a boating vacation or make the most of warm summer days, the Saturn SD365 can fit up to 5 people. Featuring 2 benches and a wrap-around rope for safety, comfort and portability, this lightweight inflatable dinghy is likely to appeal to a wide range of consumers interested in buying a boat.
Measuring 12-feet and capable of transporting 4-5 people, this is a large dinghy that can be used for a wide range of purposes and applications. Whether you enjoy fishing, swimming or snorkeling, or you love nothing more than riding the waves with the wind in your hair, this dinghy delivers. An inflatable sports boat that is packed with features, this dinghy boasts durability and strength, as well as speed and hassle-free transportation.
The Saturn SD365 is made using premium materials, including 1100-denier Korean PVC with additional polyester support to enhance longevity. There are also double layers of material at the bottom of the tubes to prevent damage caused by rocks or uneven ground.
Getting out onto the water and wrapping up your aquatic adventure are simple with the Saturn SD365. There is a front D-ring with a handle for easy lifting and a spare rope providing for connecting the anchor. The aluminum bench (and a second if you order online) is easily removed to create additional space and adjust the layout for different party sizes, and a carry bag is provided.
Although this inflatable dinghy is large, it’s also light, and it’s possible for one person to move it using a wheel dolly.
In summary, the Saturn SD365 is a versatile sports boat and apt sailboat tender, which can be used for a range of activities, including swimming, fishing and snorkeling. There is plenty of room for families and friends to go boating together, and the boat has been developed with longevity in mind. Featuring tough, tried and tested materials, this is a dinghy that will see you through many a summer.
Here is a great video on the Saturn SD365 Inflatable Dinghy:
- All around rope grab line. Separate internal air chambers. One-way drain valve with plug. All around, durable rubber strike. Safety valve to prevent over inflation. Stainless steel D-rings for easy towing. Reliable flat air valves with pushpin design.
- Front bow D-ring with integral lifting handle. Spare rope for attaching anchor is included. Double layer of fabric at the bottom of tubes. High pressure air deck floor is included. Holds up to 5 persons maximum or 4 comfortably. Deep inflatable V-keel with a rub strake protector. 24mm thick heavy-duty marine grade plywood transom.
- Lightweight and strong removable aluminum seat benches. Free second bench is included when order is placed on-line! Equipment: aluminum oars, repair kit, seat bench and carry bag. Free, complimentary generic high-volume hand pump is included.
- Air valves have been moved toward the inside of boat's tubes and away from direct exposure to the elements. This will allow easier inflation from inside the boat and will minimize damage caused by sun and rain while the boat is stored uncovered for prolonged periods of time. Rain water will not accumulate inside the valves.
- Triangular symmetrical splash guards were installed on the transom corners to provide the sensitive transom of an uncovered boat with additional protection and shade from the elements throughout extended periods in Tropical environments.
Modeled on one of the most graceful but deadly marine creatures on the planet, the Inflatable Sport Boats Killer Whale offers the perfect combination of style, speed and substance. A popular dinghy with a motor, this boat was designed by expert nautical engineers.
Performance is key with this impressive dinghy, and you can enjoy the thrill of the ride in both fresh and saltwater environments. The sleek design and understated colorway is likely to appeal to most buyers, and there’s a raft of features on offer to increase speed and power, enhance safety and ensure a pleasant, seamless user experience. There’s a choice of a 2-stroke or 4-stroke motor offering up to 15HP. It’s also possible to propel this dinghy manually.
The dinghy is made from hard-wearing Korean PVC and all the seams are heat-welded for added security and durability. The coating is UV, stain and puncture-resistant, and it’s designed to weather the elements.
A leading example of hard-bottom inflatable boats, the Killer Whale’s aluminum floor provides stability, and riders can enjoy comfortable seats and removable cushions.
The Inflatable Sport Boats Killer Whale is easy to transport and disassemble. Once you’re done for the day, you can pack your boat away in just 10 minutes. There are three chambers in this Inflatable Sport Boats model and the dinghy can accommodate up to 5 people.
The Inflatable Sport Boats Killer Whale is a majestic creature, which is capable of hitting high speeds and providing thrilling adventures at sea. This dinghy is very easy to assemble and pack away, it can hold up to 5 people, and you can adapt the layout, adding or removing seating to cater for smaller or larger parties. This boat looks the part, and it can also be powered using a choice of motors to provide adrenaline-pumping adventures.
- The sleek white contoured design was created by nautical engineers for rear buoyancy and faster planing at takeoff. "Easy Planing" extended rear pontoons and transom area allows for more maximum weight and larger motors with balanced stability. The 24 mm easy slide completely aluminum floor and seats are stronger, lighter, and more environmentally friendly than marine plywood and much easier to clean.
- All seams are HEAT WELDED and guaranteed to last in fresh water, salt water and extreme humidity. Eliminating the use of problematic glue and nose cones. The thick .9 mm, 1100 denier reinforced PVC material is UV, oil stain, and puncture restraint. White material protects against the suns heat, faded material and compares to heavy duty material used for white water river rafts.
- Product ships COMPLETE. Includes: 1* aluminum bench seats / removable seat cushion and bag ($50 value) / 2 aluminum oars with lock-in holders / carry & storage bag / foot pump / 2 repair patches / one way drain plug / 1 front + 4 rear exterior heavy duty carrying handles / 2 front towing D-rings. 2018 Model Upgrades: All dinghies can handle up to 2 adjustable sliding bench seats and 2 additional handles inside the rear pontoon for easy 2 person carrying.
- USCG approved. Manufacturer Certification of Origin for boat registration is included. 3 Year Manufacturer Limited Warranty. Designed in California, U.S.A base company.
- Dimensions: Model: SB-330 – Killer Whale 10.8'. Length: 10 ft 8 in. Tube diameter: 18 in, Inflated width: 5 ft 3 in, Chambers: 3 + 1 keel, Max Power: 15HP, Max Load: 1268 lbs, Max Persons: 5. Inflatable Keel and V Hull. Deflated boat in bag for storage: 80 lbs; 44 x 24 x 11 inches.
Ideally suited to yacht owners and boating enthusiasts who enjoy swimming and fishing, the BRIS inflatable dinghy for sailing is made from heavy-duty materials to negotiate the toughest conditions.
This BRIS inflatable dinghy is made from 1100 denier PVC and the seams are heat-welded, sometimes with a quadruple layer, for additional strength and adaptability. This tender boat can be used in freshwater and seawater, and it’s also capable of dealing with intense humidity.
The solid aluminum floor provides a stable base for a range of water-based activities, such as fishing and diving, and there’s room for two aluminum benches. This boat can carry up to four people.
In addition to a sturdy base, the BRIS inflatable dinghy also boasts internal air chambers and a rubber strike that wraps around the vessel. There is also a marine plywood transom, which is fitted with a splash guard, for use with an outboard motor.
When you buy the BRIS yacht tender inflatable dinghy, you get an impressive vessel, but there’s also a host of accessories on offer, including oars, a repair kit, a foot pump, 2 aluminum benches, a foot pump and a carry bag.
This inflatable dinghy from BRIS is a versatile addition for boating aficionados and yacht owners looking to participate in activities or reach the shoreline in style and comfort. Made from hard-wearing materials, this dinghy is designed to last.
- 30 Days money back guarantee. All of our boats come with 3 year manufacturer warranty. Guarantee begins when product is delivered.
- Premium Quality Materials : Heavy-duty 1,100 Denier 0.9mm PVC with polyester support, having excellent resistance to tearing, tension and breaking . It is a much more heavy-duty than most of 1,000 Denier PVC fabric.
- All seams are HEAT WELDED for perfect seaming and guaranteed to last in fresh water, salt water and extreme humidity. Most seams are quadruple overlap for maximum strength and durability and will not fall apart .
- Features: Heavy-duty sectional aluminum floor provides sturdy, corrosion-proof platform for any type of water activities - diving, fishing, snorkeling. Separate internal air chambers for safety on a water. All around, durable rubber strike to prevent punctures. Marine plywood transom for outboard motor. Transoms covered with triangular splash guards to minimize back splash and protect the transom holders from heat and exposure to UV rays, deep V-keel with rub-strake protection for easy planing.
- Included: PVC Hull, Aluminum Floors Panels, 2 x Aluminum Bench Seats, Repair Kit, 2x Aluminum Oars, Carrying Bag, and Foot Pump.
If you’re looking for an inflatable dinghy that won’t bust your budget, it’s worth taking a closer look at the Outroad Inflatable Dinghy.
This nifty, trendy-looking inflatable boat can carry up to 4 people and it’s made from military-grade PVC for enhanced durability. Available in a range of colors to suit different tastes, the boat comprises a weather-proof, reinforced marine wood floor, two different air chambers and aluminum seating. The package includes oars, a carry bag, a foot pump and a repair kit.
The design of this dinghy facilitates speed and comfort, with a stern plate positioned inside the stern to improve cornering and provide a smooth ride. There’s also an anti-floating buoy to reduce the risk of flipping at high speed.
One of the best things about this affordable dinghy is its versatility. This inflatable boat can be used for leisure purposes and adventurous pursuits, it can provide a relaxing spot for chilling out and catching rays or it can be used as a tender or a safety and rescue boat for larger vessels.
The Outroad Inflatable Dinghy is an impressive option for those who don’t want to spend a huge amount of money. There’s plenty of space available, you can enjoy the thrills and spills of riding the waves safe in the knowledge that the boat is packed with safety features, and you can use this boat for several different purposes.
- Military-grade 3-layer PVC material 10' Inflatable Boat.
- The deck is constructed with durable marine wood floors with max. capacity of up to 800lbs, allowing 4 people stand on the rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) steadily.
- Safer with 2 separate air chambers.
- Deep V-keel with rub-strake protection , Built-in oarlock for easy rowing.
- Extra thick rub-straight protector at the bottom along the keel and tubes that proctects the vulnerable points from puncture or abasions such as sand or small rocks.