Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Boat Deck Chairs Reviewed
As summer kicks off, you will no doubt be spending a lot of time on your boat and making the most of the warm weather. Fishing and leisure time visiting with friends are just two of the many pleasures of being on the water.
With so much to look forward to, the last thing you want is the uninviting look of worn outdoor seating. Or, you may not even have any seats to begin with, so now you are shopping around to see what is available.
In either case, getting the best boat deck chairs is on the top of your summer to-do list. After all, who wants to sit in boat chairs that look lackluster and do nothing to improve the appearance of your boat?
New boat chairs will enhance your boat, which you’ve taken such care to maintain, rather than detract from it as older ones will do. Plus, now is your opportunity to add seating for any guests that come onboard.
With so many kinds of seating, from swivel boat chairs to boat captain chairs, the array of options can feel overwhelming. To help you make a more informed decision, this guide from Rowing One provides insightful reviews of the leading boat chair models to help you to find the right ones for your boat that also suit your lifestyle.
We have picked out the best boat seating choices and conveniently put them in a chart help you easily compare them. You can see our favorite boat deck chair reviews below and see all their features to help you determine which one to pick to make the most of the boating experience.
Check out one of our favorite boat deck chairs:
Top Boat Deck Chairs Comparison Chart
Best Boat Deck Chairs
Along with being easy to istall, it’s just easy to enjoy. If you are looking for a seat to lounge in on your deck for long periods, then the Millennium Marine B100 Boat Seat fits the bill.
It is contoured with a sling back to help provide the low back support you are looking for when sitting for an extended period, whether you have a fishing rod in hand, a soda, or the steering wheel.
Rather than having its feet planted on the deck, this outdoor seating is made to mount to a boat seat pedestal. Thus, it is ideal for fishermen and women who are changing positions and leaning while casting the line. Anglers will appreciate that the back support, as well as the ability for this one to mount to their existing pedestal.
What’s more, the Millennium Marine B100 is foldable. When it comes to folding boat chairs, this one can fold out of the way and help make it easy to move around the deck. That can be really helpful when you have a smaller boat or appreciate a minimalistic look.
This comfortable seat measures 22 inches in length, with ample 21-inch width and 10-inch height. These dimensions make the boat deck chair one that fits most boats, and the rugged design is a good fit for people of various heights and weights.
Speaking of weight, it is lightweight at only 7 pounds, so this chair transports easily. Folding it is simple too, and you can lock this seat down with a pair of retaining snap straps on either side.
The appearance of these B100 folding boat chairs are rugged, low-profile, and made of dark grey fabric. They feature the brand name on the back, with a strong aluminum frame designed to hold up to wear.
The material is also made to last; it is mold and mildew resistant to last through even the rainy season, as well as being UV-resistant to combat fading over time. The comfortable, durable, and functional design has made the Millennium Marine B100 a real contender for boat seating.
- ALL DAY COMFORT: All seats within the B-Series are feature packed and designed to provide all-day comfort. Each B-Series seat features Millennium Marine’s ComfortMax contoured, tight sling seat with breathable, cool fabric.
- RESISTANT TO NATURAL DAMAGE: The B100 Boat seat is UV, mold, and mildew resistant. Rain or shine, you can be assured that your B100 boat seat will provide comfort through years of solid use.
- GREAT FOR ANY BOAT: The B100 Boat Seat is designed to mount to any boat seat pedestal. It allows for greater visibility while underway. It is also designed with anglers in mind for leaning and casting.
- FOLDS FLAT: When you need that extra space for moving around on your vessel, the B100 Boat Seat will fold flat, giving you room to maneuver.
- SPECIFICATIONS: The seat frame is constructed of durable aluminum for years of rugged and comfortable service. Capacity: 400-pounds. Weight: 7-pounds. Seat size: 22-inches long, 21-inches wide and 10-inches high.
With white cushions, it has a fresh appearance, with the shine of aluminum for the frame, including the legs. This look instantly brightens the boat, which is welcomed when the boat has a darker coloring; it pops against a deep brown deck, for example. What’s more, the fish symbol detail on the backrest adds charm to this Garelick model.
The high-quality mariner-style chair measures 37 by 27 by 13 inches. It is made sturdy with the aluminum material, as mentioned, but also the frame is eight-legged, which provides extra support that you don’t often see in boat chairs.
That means that you can expect to get a longer life expectancy from it than boat captain chairs with a cheaper plastic frame. That’s especially true with the HDPE seat and back that substrates to prevent rot or to bend over time.
While they are made strong, they do not fall short on comfort. The 3.5-inch foam pads provide a comfy seating experience for you, family, and friends. The thick pads that spring back up after you are done sitting on them, continue to look like new, rather than becoming sunken and hard.
Plus, at 15 pounds, the deck lounge chairs are easy to move around.
- Anodized Frame Resists Elements
- Beautiful Sewn Cushions And Arm Rests
- Hdpe Seat And Back Substrates Resist Rot And Warpage
- Eight-Legged Frame Provides Extra Stability
- Firm, resilient 3.5" thick foam
This one sets itself apart by being customizable. It features a flip-up bolster. Simply lift it up to add height. Thus, easily enjoy a higher or lower backrest, depending on what you find to be the most comfortable position for you as you enjoy the sun on the deck.
As well, rather than being an upright style like many other boat deck chairs, this one has a curve to it for additional comfort. The plastic backrest and fasteners constructed of sturdy stainless steel will not rust, which is another way that this seat is different than other boat captain chairs.
The great-looking bucket seat has a retro vibe to it that will enhance the overall look of your deck, be a conversation piece, and mount easily to a standard pedestal using the pre-installed bolt holes. The mounting screws are also included for a quick installation.
- It has a high-density foam padding which in turn provides you with excellent back support and comfortable seating. The chair is not constructed upright but curves in a way to give you a relaxing seating position.
- One unique feature is the flip-up bolster which gives you added seat height. So depending on your preference, you can adjust either to have a low backrest or high backrest.
- The seat is constructed with sturdy plastic backrest and stainless steel fasteners which cause no rusting issues, unlike most other seats.
- The Captain‘s bucket seat is 23.5-inches high, 20.5-inches width and the depth is 26-inches.
- Mounting is pretty standard, and the seat already has bolt holes. Also, mounting screws are included in the unit.
The design is a terrific one that creates a relaxing vibe for your boat. The deck lounge chairs offer different positions to recline exactly how you and your guests want them to, and the material is UV-protected to combat sun damage.
Not only will they resist fading but they will also provide a softer and more ventilated surface to help you cool off in the hot sun. These folding boat chairs also really help with storage when you need to pack things up.
One of the reasons we really like these deck chairs is that they can be moved wherever you need them. Whether you just want to reposition them on your boat deck, or take them off to the beach, they go where you go.
Perhaps best of all, this set of two lounge deck chairs are already assembled for you. Simply put them on the boat deck – that’s all!
- 【Folding Design】For easy stacking and storage, this gravity chair can be folded into one third. And it is lightweight, which can be easily moved from room to room.
- 【Cup Holder Tray and Headrest】A cup holder tray to place beverage, magazine, phone or other small items for convenient accessibility.A detachable headrest for better lounge experience.
- 【Durable Frame】Features from sturdy aluminum seat posts and steel leg posts, this recliner is sturdy enough to hold people up to 300Lbs. It is ventilated in summer and you can also place cushions on it for winter using. Its knit technique and superior material ensures its long-term durability.
- 【Multi Purposes】It is ideal for enjoying both your indoor and outdoor time. It can be applied at anywhere you want, such as bedroom, balcony, garden and courtyard. It would provide you a better lounge time.
- 【Size Info】Weight Capacity: 300 lbs. Item Size: 35.5''- 65''(L)× 26''(W) ×44.5''(H). Folding Size: 37.5''（L)× 26''(W)× 6''(H).
With a range of colors available, this seat has a low back so that you can lean with ease while fishing over an afternoon with friends.
Plus, the compression foam padding makes for a comfortable seat, even for those extended days on the water. The padded seat has a 14-inch depth for an overall great experience.
Furthermore, the fabric is sealed with UV and mildew protectant to help it withstand a range of weather conditions. When it comes to outdoor seating, that feature means that you will be able to enjoy this affordable seat for more than just a day or two.
The seat easily fastens to mount on a BIA 4-bolt pedestal system. It measures 19 inches high, 16 inches wide, and has an 18.5-inch depth.
Finally, with aluminum hinges, this boat chair’s design is sturdy, corrosion resistant, and built to last.
- Wise 8WD734 Series Standard Low Back Fishing Boat Seat
- Aluminum Hinges and Injection Molded Plastic Seat Frame
- Compression Foam Padding, UV and Mildew Treated 28 oz. Marine Grade Embossed Vinyl
- Includes Mounting Fasteners to Mount to any Standard BIA 4 Bolt Pedestal System.
- Seat Dimensions - Height: 19", Width: 16", Depth: 18.5", Seat Depth: 14"
Top Boat Deck Chair Features To Consider
To help you find the best boat chairs for you, determine what features and benefits you consider to be the most important. This list will help you do exactly that. From materials to the ease of transporting them, there are several considerations, depending on your needs and wants.
When looking at deck lounge chairs and other styles, determine if the material is conducive to your lifestyle and will withstand the marine environment. For example, will it last through the sun, rain, and other types of weather conditions, if you plan to have the furniture outdoors throughout the seasons?
If the outdoor seating has a UV and mildew protectant, then you have the assurance that it will withstand the weather. Otherwise, you take the risk that it won’t be long-lasting and, therefore, will need replacement soon.
Plus, make sure it is built strong to be able to handle the weight of those who sit in it. Keep in mind that aluminum is a sturdy material that is often used for long-lasting boat chairs.
Always measure the deck of your boat before making the purchase of new swivel boat chairs or another type. Doing so will help you ensure that you will be able to fit the number of chairs you desire onto the deck, without it looking cluttered. The last thing you want is to order boat chairs that are too large or too small for the space, which looks awkward and will take away from your boat’s appearance.
If you have a small deck, folding deck chairs are a great choice. They are often simple to use and can open up space when you need it by compacting them.
Look for stylish boat chairs that match the rest of your boat. The idea here is to accentuate the best features of the deck. If you do not like the look of the seating, then you are less likely to relax there, and that might make you avoid even being on the boat.
As for what style to get, that choice is up to you. Perhaps you want deck lounge chairs that allow you to rest out and listen to music, or instead you want a retro style of swivel boat chairs that are unique and inviting. If you are not sure which one would best suit your boat, ask a trusted friend for advice.
Assess the features for comfort. If choosing online, read reviews of the chairs to find out if those who have sat in it are happy with how comfy they are. Look at the padding. For example, is there thick padding on the seat? That feature is important if you will be sitting for a long time while fishing or simply relaxing on the water.
If you want armrests, does the outdoor seating you’re thinking about buying offer that feature? Are the arms padded for you? Will the back recline? Deck lounge chairs provide a restful experience, as do boat captain chairs that have reclining backs.
Easy to Carry
For your convenience, assess the weight of chairs you like the look of to see if they would be easy to move around the deck. You might want to move them to turn your back to the glaring sun, for example, or to position them close together for quality time with kids and other loved ones.
You might also want to get chairs that are compact and can store anywhere. That way you can keep them in their best condition during the off-season. Plus, compact chairs are typically easier to clean and maintain than bulkier ones.
Finally, consider your spending budget. If you have a restriction on how much you can spend on the outdoor seating, then make sure you stick with it.
Thankfully, you do not have to sacrifice quality when you have a small budget. There are many affordable boat deck chairs available today, including some of those recommended above.
Find the boat chairs that have an attractive appearance, fit within your price range, are comfortable outdoor seating, and provide the other benefits that are important to you. Enjoy relaxing in your new deck chair, knowing that you have found the one that best meets your expectations.